Well, last week I missed Thankful on a Thursday because we tagged along on a trip with Big Daddy T and today I almost missed it because we have all been bitten by the stomach bug. Uck. Wiggle Worm was sick several times on Monday but was bringing up blue stuff and so I freaked out thinking she must have ingested some sort of household product. After much worrying and texting the Dr. (yes, texting the Dr. I know, right? It's a small town thing and something I wouldn't have dreamed of doing when we lived in a bigger city!) who said it was probably a virus, Tater Tot informed me that Wiggle Worm ate Playdough. It was homemade playdough and so I knew nothing was in it that would have hurt her and so I figured it was the bug. Next day she was fine. All day. Wednesday afternoon around noon or so I felt weird and finally called my husband around 12:30 to come home. I was sick. Very sick. I will spare you the details, but it was bad. By 6 that evening both Tater Tot and Drama Mama were very sick. We sent Wiggle Worm to a friend's house to keep her from catching it again if that was possible. The hubby was a great nurse and took such good care of us and then this morning around 7:00 he was sick. It's been a rough couple days but we have been blessed with some sweet people who have taken care of us. So since I am behind in my thankful posts, here we go:
I am thankful for...
6. The sweet friend who went to the store for extra Gatorade, Lysol, and Hand Sanitizer last night and then again this morning for soup and crackers.
7. The sweet friend who brought us a big container of homemade chicken noodle soup (which was fabulous) and some essential oils to help ease the aches and pains and ickiness of sickness.
8. Another sweet friend who dropped off more chicken noodle and some vegetable soup (which were both wonderful - I tried a bit of both since I was feeling better!) and cornbread.
9. The many prayers that have been sent up on our behalf. We so needed them!
10. My husband who took such good care of us and was so loving and patient even through all the nastiness. I'm so sorry he caught it!
11. Our doctor and friend who puts up with our phone calls and text messages and still smiles at us and talks to us on Sundays at church - haha!
12. The fact that this is just the flu and one of us isn't sick with something else that is worse. It's just a passing thing and so many are sick with deadly illnesses - we are blessed!
13. My Uncle Ford and Aunt Bonnie and their love for me growing up. They have been so good to me. I received a call from my cousin letting me know that Uncle Ford has stage four cancer and hospice is at their house. Please pray.
14. Books. I LOVE to read! It's an insatiable hunger and since I have been sick I've gotten a few moments to feed the hunger in between bouts of nausea and vomiting and...oh I said I was going to spare you. Anyway... There's a silver lining to everything y'all! I'm just sayin' :)
15. Blogging. I have met some really neat people via the blog world and have gotten to share prayer requests, funny and not-so-funny stories, and encouragement. It's been fun so far! If you ever need prayer or anything please let me know. I keep a journal and will write you down so I will remember to pray :)
Well, that's all for now folks! Remember, there is always something to give thanks for!