Tinkering Tuesday: Building a Birdhouse

So, this is our first year homeschooling and we have joined a local homeschool group. Our local state park is providing classes for boys 5 and up and we are having a  great time learning different things. Last week was hiking and Tater Tot had a blast. Today, we made birdhouses and I thought I would share just a few pictures of our birdhouse. It's not perfect, and it's not necessarily beautiful to the normal eye, but my Tater and I built it together and it's perfectly beautiful to us :)



We were nailing the roof on and Tater Tot was not pleased that
 I stopped to take a picture. He wanted to HAMMER!



Getting ready to nail the floor on. Smiling this time :)



The finished product! The side that is crooked is supposed
to open out so that the birdhouse can be cleaned.
Let's just say it doesn't quite open the way is should...

 All in all it was a great time! I think Big Daddy T will get a good chuckle at our birdhouse and then he will help us nail it a tree or to a fence post. Drama Mama wants to paint it pink but I am not sure Tater will allow that to happen. He wants to pain it army green :)




Comments

Kecia said…
That is so cool! Makes me want to make one. My girls missed their class today. :( I'm hoping friends will catch them up.

Popular Posts