30 Day Blog Challenge ~ Day 3





My First Love

It has been a long journey to get to this point but I can honestly say that my first love is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and my husband is right after. It is because of Christ that I am where I am today. My past is littered with choices that were, let's just say, less than virtuous - "lookin' for love in all the wrong places" and all that jazz. I made decisions that hurt not only me, but countless others in my path. Although I accepted Christ when I was 12 and had family and church members who invested in me, I didn't really grasp the depth of that decision until I was in my twenties. I remember literally waking up one morning, staring up at the ceiling, and realizing that I was not anywhere near where I wanted or needed to be in my life. Through a course of events, God led me to my wonderful husband and began a long process of healing in my heart and soul. My husband stood by me and loved me through some pretty unlovable moments and was (and still is) very patient with me. We now have been married almost 8 years, we have three wonderful little blessings and a live rich with love, laughter, fun, and ministry and it's only by HIS grace!

Comments

Popular Posts