Fabulous FALL!!!!

We have officially entered the Fall season and the weather is already turning breezy and beautiful. This is my favorite time of year with the leaves changing color (hopefully soon - c'mon fall!), pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin and apple scented candles, sweaters and jackets, hot chocolate, and football games. For the record, I am not a huge football fan but I love the atmosphere of football games so I go for the ambiance I guess you could say, haha! 

The best thing about this particular fall is that we are expecting our fourth little miracle on October 3! That leaves me with just 6 days to go! I cannot wait to meet this tiny little baby boy inside me, see his tiny features and hold him close, breathe in his baby goodness :) Although this is our fourth child, the thing that never ceases to amaze me is that this little person who was moving around inside my belly just moments before is now breathing and moving in my arms - coolest thing ever! God is just amazing!

Schooling is going well but has not been nearly as consistent as I'd like it to be. However I have found support in other homeschooling mamas that assure me I am not scarring my children for life and they wont be living in a van down by the river sometime in their adult future :) I have figured out that we can still meet our goal of 180 days by the middle of June even with taking off some days when baby comes if need be (and it will probably be). 


God is using this season in our lives to teach me more about who He is as provider, healer, Father, and His Spirit as Counselor. 


I am learning patience. Pretty sure that lesson is going to take a lifetime ;)  Isaiah 40:31 says, "yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will walk and grow weary." Psalm 46:10 tells us to, "cease striving (Be STILL), and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."


I am learning to truly cherish the role of mother even in the monotony and mundane things. Isaiah 40:11 says, "He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.  What a sweet truth for moms to hold in their hearts. He is leading us.


God is showing me that He is truly in control and I am not. He is reminding me that He has always taken care of our needs and He is not going to drop the ball now. Trust. Him. Always. ALWAYS. We are told to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and he will make your paths straight. Even crooked paths. Even paths littered with hurt and mistakes and all our human messiness.


I am learning not to live in fear. Fear of the unknown. Fear of the power others possess. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind," 2 Timothy 1:7. 


Those are just a few not to mention that I am learning more about grace, forgiveness, love, perseverance, and God is teaching me how to be a better wife and helper. It is one thing to read the Bible and acquire biblical knowledge but it's an entirely different ballgame when we seek to actually trust, believe, and live out what the scriptures say. There is so much freedom and peace when we step out and start following the Jesus we claim to love so much. There is much to learn and it would be easy to be overwhelmed but I am doing my best to "cease striving" and let God take the driver's seat. Things turn out so much better when we let him do the navigating don't they? 



Comments

Popular Posts