Tinkering Tuesday - Homemade Playdough and Alphabet Matching Game

Today was Tuesday and we tinkered around making homemade playdough which was lots of fun! You can find the recipe here at this fabulous Montessori blog I came across when visiting http://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/. Here are a few pics of our playdough adventures:


Drama Mama posing by the supplies


Our friend R stirs the pot


The finished product complete with
glitter sprinkles!


I have been working with both Tater and E-Bear on their lower and uppercase letters and have been getting creative with ways to make it fun. There are tons of ideas for clothespin matching games on the internet superhighway and so I made a simple version of my own. Here it is:



I had no idea this was going to be such a hit and am probably going to need to make another one so that each child can have their own. Another benefit of this game is that it helps develop the necessary motor skills and muscles for writing which we are working on with both kiddos. It's a blast looking for new things to do that are fun and educational. Keep checking back to see what we are up to next!

Comments

Samantha S. said…
I love the matching game idea. My mom and I have been trying to work with my nephew on his letters and have had trouble keeping his attention. Definately going to give this a try!
I love it! What a great game.
Cool Samantha! Let me know if it worked!

Clan Mama - you should try it if you haven't - the kids love it!

Popular Posts