My Daybook 11/17/2011



\

Outside my window 

it's a cool, crisp, dark night.


I am thinking 
about how to coordinate six people for family photos on Saturday without looking generic and boring and without spending tons of money on new clothes just for pictures.



I am thankful 
for a marriage that is held together by the Creator of the universe and for His continued blessing and faithfulness. I am thankful for the time I have had to reconnect to my husband - my soul mate and best friend. 



From the learning rooms 
we are finally getting into a groove. It's been rocky and we will probably be schooling a bit through summer but that's ok. I have finally settled on some resources to use: Handwriting Without Tears for handwriting, Math Mammoth and Life of Fred for Math, Teach Your Child to Read in 100 easy lessons for Reading, and Five in A Row for reading aloud and exploring History, Science, Art, and Music. We also have Bible time and some fun morning time with the calendar and charting the weather, etc. 



In the kitchen
I am hoping to come up with a yummy way to cook the country style ribs I just purchased :)



I am wearing
pajama pants and a gray t-shirt.



I am creating
(hopefully tomorrow) a "Thanksgiving Tree" for us to hang leaves on with things that we are each thankful for. I had hoped to do this earlier but we will have the whole week to add things and then on Thanksgiving we will have our guest join in all the thankful fun. I am also excited to print out some fun thanksgiving decorations and such from This Site :)



I am going 
to bed shortly! 



I am wondering 
when my hubby will find out if he is accepted as a Navy Chaplain. His interview was in Washington, D.C. at the Pentagon yesterday morning and they said we would know within 72 hours...so I guess we are being impatient :) 



I am reading 
Educating the Wholehearted Child and The One Year Bible.



I am hoping
  to be able to make a trip to Ohio to see some beloved friends - SOON!



I am looking forward to 
making Thanksgiving dinner and watching people enjoy the food and each other.



I am hearing 
the sound of my six-week old baby boy grunt and giggle in his sleep - so precious!



Around the house
  we caught the field mouse that came in out of the cold. 



I am pondering 
what being a Christian really means and what that looks like put into action in everyday life.



One of my favorite things
  is caramel salted mochas from Starbucks. I am SO very addicted.



A few plans for the rest of the week
Dinner with a lovely friend Thursday night, much needed family fun time on Friday, some ministry at a pregnancy resource center Saturday morning, our family photoshoot Saturday afternoon, possibly attending family date night at church Saturday evening depending on how we all are doing, Church on Sunday then a fellowship and meal after the morning service, then later we will go to the church I grew up in for their Thanksgiving meal in the evening. 



Here is picture or thought I am sharing:



Me with our fourth little blessing born September 30 :)


Comments

Popular Posts